Solomit Strawboard ceilings provide a natural alternative to more traditional ceilings, and does so with some distinct advantages.
Solomit Strawboard Acoustic
- Provide noise reduction through sound absorption. Provides a natural softness to a room or undercover area. Reduces ceiling maintenance.
- Provides thermal insulation, reducing heating/cooling costs.
- Is lightweight and therefore easy to install.
- Is an attractive alternative to traditional products and is made from natural products.
- Is not suited to exterior use, unless sealed with a coat of clear lacquer.
Solomit Strawboard Acoustic Ceilings:
A Solomit acoustic ceiling not only dramatically reduces noise levels through sound absorption, but adds a natural softness to a room or public area. Some of the benefits of Solomit ceilings are
- A Solomit acoustic ceiling not only dramatically reduces noise levels through sound absorption, but adds a natural softness to a room or public area. Some of the benefits of Solomit ceilings are.
- Reduced noise through the effective sound absorption and sound transmission loss capabilities of the straw panels. Full sound absorption, attenuation and sound transmission reports are available.
- Provides thermal insulation through thermal resistance approximately equivalent to 35mm fibreglass insulation. This can be further enhanced with the addition of other insulation including double sided roofing foil and 50 mm insulation batts.
- Is light weight which makes construction and the installation of the ceiling panels easy.
Solomit Strawboard building sheets and materials are 100% grown, harvested and manufactured in Australia; of selected clean wheat stubble compressed. The compressed straw is reinforced with galvanised wire running the full length of the sheets and held in compression with wire stitches. The sheets are therefore rigid and support their own width with only one centre fixing when installed correctly.
For further information regarding Solomit Strawboard acoustic ceilings and any installation and preparation procedures, as well as side jointing and length details please contact us.